Areas of Service
- Residential purchase and sale transactions involving single family homes, new construction, condominiums, co-ops, multi-unit buildings, leases, mechanic's liens; title examination as agent for title companies.
- Commercial transactions, including purchase and sale of warehouse and industrial properties, shopping centers, multi-unit buildings, car washes, restaurants, and other income-producing buildings, representation of venture capital companies, developers, condominium associations, lenders, businesses, individuals, asset sales in bankruptcy and under assignments for benefit of creditors, bankruptcy-related national shopping center lease assumptions, shopping center sales, retail chain restaurant sales, commercial real estate and income property sales, tax-deferred exchanges, commercial lease negotiations, easements, covenants, restrictions, licenses, tax-deferred exchanges.
Asset and stock sales, including:
- Corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, joint ventures;
- Review, negotiate, and draft shareholder agreements, buy-sell agreements, covenants not to compete, indemnification agreements, employment agreements, loan and security agreements, and formation and maintenance of corporate entities.
Commercial Loans and Secured Transactions: Prepared, negotiated, and documented various commercial loans, for banks, lenders, and guarantors, including:
- Asset-based financing, equipment financing, construction financing, inter-creditor agreements, letters of credit, notes, security agreements, master loan agreements, cross-collateral agreements, collateral substitutions, loan assumptions, mortgages, subordination agreements,
- Prepared, negotiated, and documented UCC sales, large lease equipment portfolio sales transactions; representations of lenders and commercial borrowers in large retail chain restaurant sales and financing.
Commercial Litigation: Guardianship and estates, real estate-related litigation, including suits for specific performance, mechanic's liens enforcement, commercial lease litigation, easement litigation, commercial evictions. Served as expert witness in defense of malpractice action involving sale of real estate.
Cook County Triennial Assessment Map: http://www.cookcountyassessor.com/forms/trimap.pdf
Cook County Real Estate Tax Exemptions: http://www.cookcountyassessor.com/exemptions.aspx
ILCondominium Property Act: http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs3.asp?ActID=2200&ChapAct=765%26nbsp%3BILCS%26nbsp%3B605%2F&ChapterID=62&ChapterName=
Chicago Landlord Tenant Ordinance:
Evanston Landlord Tenant Ordinance: cityofevanston.org/government/city-code/landlord-tenant-ordinance/
City of Chicago: www.cityofchicago.org
IL Dept. Revenue: www.revenue.state.il.us/
ILCompiled Statutes: www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/using.asp
Cook County Probate Forms: http://www.cookcountyclerkofcourt.org/?section=FormsPage&FormsPage=4200&FORMNAME=&TITLE=&Submit=Submit